How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
Input Sought on Special Management Areas
DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR PUBLIC COMMENT on proposal to establish 5 Special Management Areas off Delaware coast Read More . . .
New Whale Protection Measures
NOAA Fisheries announces new management measures to help reduce entanglements in fishing gear Read More . . .
Why We Need to Protect Whales
New management measures to save whales have costs to fishing industry, but are necessary Read More . . .
River Herring Survey to Begin in August
Plans to talk to people who have fished for river herring. Pictured alewife (top) and blueback herring Read More . . .
Fish as Habitat?
Under federal fisheries law prey species like alewife and blueback herring are considered part of the habitat Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- NRD Grant Opportunity
- NOAA announces changes to Groundfish catch carryover
- Join Us for a Tweet Chat to Learn What You Should Do If You See a Sea Turtle in Trouble
- Northeast Federal Fishery Dependent Data Visioning Project Industry Workshop - June 30th and July 1st
- Responsible whale watch program continues to expand along U.S. east coast
- National Fishing and Boating week and a National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy
- New groundfish monitoring measures in US_Canada Area and carryover announced
- Experimental Fishing Permits to Gather Data on Groundfish Closed Areas
- States reach consensus on plans to distribute New England groundfish disaster funds
- NOAA Proposes New Monkfish Measures (FW 8)
- NOAA announces closure of Herring Area 1B
- Final Catch Limits for Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass Fishery for 2014
- Proposed Management Measures for Skate for 2014 and 2015
- Revised Bulletin: 2013 Carryover Accounting for Sectors
- Media Advisory: Update on Possible Cause of Death of Sei Whale
- NOAA selects two areas in the North Atlantic for targeted habitat conservation efforts
- Celebration Today Marks Return of River Herring to Historic Town Brook in Plymouth, MA
- Large Pelagics Research Center Seminar Series
- New Recreational Measures Effective May 1
- 2012 Monkfish Measures to be Reinstated on May 1
- Media Advisory: Come See the Fish
- Join Us for Dedication Event During River Herring Run Festival
- Townhall on Gaps in Stranding Network Coverage
- NOAA Fisheries Needs Community Help in Reporting Stranded and Injured Marine Mammals
- Seal Pupping Season is Underway: Watch Out for Seals on the Shoreline
- Change to the Regulations for Electing Area 2 and Outer Cape Area, and a Trap Transfer Program in the American Lobster Fishery.
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch